Ka-Bar Becker BK2 Campanion Fixed Blade Review
Thanks for stopping by to read our Ka-Bar Becker BK2 Campanion Fixed Blade Review!
One of today’s most popular fixed blade knives is Ka-Bar’s Becker BK2 survival knife. It is very popular with campers, hikers, and survivalists. This is not a folding knife like say the Cold Steel Hold Out 2 knife but more durable then most.
Ka-Bar Becker BK2 Campanion Fixed Blade Review:
You will find out about the pros and cons of using this particular knife s well as the general features and description. I am going to present you with a detailed review of this Becker BK2 “Campanion” knife. You can make an informed decision as to whether this knife is for you or not, by the end of this review.
Main Features of the Becker BK2
- Fixed blade design – The Becker BK2 knife has a flat grind with a secondary bevel at a 20-degree angle. This makes it suitable for skinning game and many other camp chores. It is a medium-size, fixed-blade, drop point knife. It.
- Smooth-coated blade – When applied to everyday camping and hunting activities this carbon steel knife is extra stout. The blade on the Ka-Bar Becker BK2 model is made of 1095 cro-van steel blade.
- Grivory handle – The scales (handle) on the Becker BK2 survival knife is full tang with a lanyard hole and a hammer pommel on the end. The knife is made of Grivory material which gives the knife with a smooth and contoured grip that feels great in the hand.
- Moulded FRN sheath – The sheath is made of FRN (Fibreglass Reinforced Nylon) which is closely moulded to the shape of the blade. There is no noise when the sheath is shaken as the blade fits so snugly inside the sheath. The ballistic nylon dangle loop is sufficiently large to accommodate even the widest belts and permits the sheath to move out of the way when you sit down or crouch. If you don’t like dangle sheaths there are six
Description of the Ka-Bar Becker BK2 Knife
Overall, the Becker BK2 knife measures 10.5” long. The blade on the knife measures 5.5” long. The tang extends up to the end of the handle and the blade is .25” thick. The Becker BK2 knife is extremely powerful and durable as well because of this full tang feature.
This is a heavy-duty general-purpose survival and hunting knife that can completely chop and baton (split) wood easily. Around a camp it can do just about any chore including prying apart joints and skinning game. This knife will get the job done just fine but some may prefer a thinner more flexible blade for skinning.
Expect to get a survival knife with high quality features as the Becker BK2 is made in the USA. You can rely on this tool to cut, chop, and split branches and logs efficiently as it is designed to be a combination of a camp and survival knife. By the campfire you can take on the simple task of chopping vegetables for cooking too. Hence it is versatile.
The BK2 is a nice looking, tough knife that will perform for a long time.
Reasonably priced – You can get the Becker BK2 survival knife for between $60 — $100 on the Amazon.com site. The knife is well worth the money due to its beefy construction; other hunting knives are generally priced higher even with the same features and functionality.
- Heavy-duty – The Becker BK2 is an extremely strong knife that can baton, chop, and pry open crates, boxes, etc. It is solidly built and can withstand all types of survival and camp chores. It feels and looks completely indestructible.
- Good looking – The Becker BK2 looks impressive and intimidating as well with its all-black subdued design.
- Versatile – You can swing this knife like an axe (it functions like a little axe too) and pierce objects like a spear (observe the drop-point shape at the tip of the knife) because of its well-balanced weight.
- The Becker BK2 found to be a little on the heavy side for some survivalists. That is because this coarse of a knife weighs in at one pound. For a survival knife that is on the heavy side and the minimalist will prefer a lighter blade.
- To skin game and perform other slicing/cutting chores some prefer a thinner blade.
What Others are Saying
- “The BK2 is an absolute BEAST!”
- “Great for handling pretty much anything you could ask from a solid everyday carry survival knife, including batoning wood.”
- “This is just a beefy, brick of a knife. Than a typical hunting / survival knife the spine of the blade is about three times thicker (and weighs three times as much) and it feels practically indestructible.”
Ka-Bar Becker BK2 Campanion Fixed Blade – Conclusion
In this Becker BK2 review as you can see, from Ka-Bar this knife is really a hardworking survival tool. Here is our overall assessment of the Becker BK2 survival knife:
Value for money (Is it reasonably priced?) – 10 out of 10
Ease of use (Is it easy to handle and manipulate?) – 9 out of 10
Performance (How well does it work?) – 10 out of 10
Features (Is it multifunctional?) – 10 out of 10
The Becker BK2 comes highly recommended with an overall rating of 9.75 out of a perfect 10. If this knife is part of your gear you can feel sure that you have a good survival knife with you. Even after 100 years of purchase the knife is tough enough so that it could still be used. The Becker BK2 is considered to be one of the best survival knives on the market by some survivalists. I totally agree; if for no other reason than a great price/performance ratio.